The storm system arriving today, Jan. 13, is forecast to be less severe than recent storms. Rainfall should peak on Saturday with 1-1.5 inches along the coast and 2-3 inches in the foothills and mountains. We expect some strong south winds and possible thunderstorms on Monday.
- Minor flooding in some already saturated areas.
- Ongoing high surf conditions that could present serious risk when paired with higher tides beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 17.
- Travel before the next storm hits.
- Visit www.readysbc.org for tips on protecting your home.
- Pick up sandbags at the City of Carpinteria Public Works Yard at 5775 Carpinteria, Ave.
- Note that the eastern end of Padaro Lane is currently limited to one-way travel over the bridge at Arroyo Paredon, which is covered in mud.