The City’s Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for several activities including oversight of the City’s Recreation Programs, Parks, Community Pool, and Veteran’s Memorial Building.
Carpinteria Community Tennis Courts
The Community Tennis Courts are available to the public during the hours when school is not in session and the Community Pool is open. Visit the pool to pay and gain access.
Adult per person/two hour reservation – $7.00
Youth/Senior per person/two hour reservation – $5.00
Doubles per tow hour reservation – $22.00
Access Pass (20 Hours) – $40.00
Carpinteria Community Tennis Court Reservation System
- Reservations open 7 days before desired time frame
- Maximum of one reservation per player each day
- It is recommended that you arrive 5 minutes early to check in and pay hourly rate at the Carpinteria Community Pool
- Players are required to lock gate after use
- West court has tennis and pickleball lines
- When reserving, ensure that the time frame you reserve matches the sport that you’re playing (tennis/pickleball)
- To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, maintain physical distance at all times
- Players must bring their own equipment, pickleball nets can be borrowed from the Carpinteria Community Pool office
- For questions, contact the Carpinteria Community Pool at 805-566-2417
Carpinteria Community Swimming Pool
The Carpinteria Community Swimming Pool is located on the corner of Palm and Carpinteria Avenues. The pool is open yearlong with an average water temperature of 80°. The bathhouse offers locker rooms, showers and a Goggle Shop.
Carpinteria Junior Lifeguards is a summer institution. Junior Guards, ages 9-17, learn many aspects of life guarding as they engage in a variety of aquatic and beach activities.
Ocean Recreation Activities at the Boathouse
Rentals and lessons for surfing, kayaking and sailing are available at the Boathouse, located on Ash Avenue at the beach.
Adult Coed Softball
Adult softball co-ed slow pitch league. Games played on the beautiful Viola fields. For more information call parks and recreation (805) 684-5405.
Community Garden Park
Grow organic fruits, vegetables, and flowers in the heart of downtown Carpinteria. The Garden Park has 100 raised beds available to interested community members. For additional information contact Wendy Robins, Garden Coordinator at (805) 755-4431 or email@example.com
The Parks division maintains and operate City parks with amenities ranging from children play areas and picnic areas to a rare salt marsh and walking trails.
Veterans Memorial Building
Located at 941 Walnut, the Veterans Memorial Building offers several services to local community members.
Forms & Applications
Recreation programs, BBQ reservations, pool special events, and more.
Report a needed street repair, maintenance issue, etc.