Upcoming Public Meeting
Meeting information will be posted here.
Planning Commission Meeting – October 4, 2021: The City provided a status report to the Planning Commission on the City’s Proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Program. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed on the City’s Agenda and Meeting webpage, under the “Archived Videos” section. The Commission’s recommendations will be presented to the City Council at their October 25, 2021 meeting.
City Council Meeting – October 25, 2021: The City provided a status report to the City Council, including Planning Commission recommendations, on the City’s Proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit Program. The City Council provided direction to staff regarding program components, as they determine appropriate. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed on the City’s Agenda and Meeting webpage, under the “Archived Videos” section.
Meeting Attendance and Viewing Options:
- Attend the in-person meeting in City Council Chambers at City Hall (5775 Carpinteria Ave.)
- View the meeting live through the City’s website (https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings) on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- View the meeting on Government Access Television Channel 21 (broadcast live and rebroadcast on the Wednesday and the Saturday following the meeting at 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., respectively).
- City Council Meetings Only: Join the City’s Zoom webinar from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by CLICKING HERE. Alternatively, you can join the Zoom webinar by logging on to zoom.us, downloading the application, selecting “Join Meeting”, and entering Webinar ID 889 0390 2262. Or call 669-900-9128 (and enter Webinar ID 889 0390 2262) to listen to the meeting on your phone.
- Please refer to the meeting agenda for detailed instructions on how to participate.
How to Submit Public Comment:
- Provide a live public comment during the in-person meeting in City Council Chambers at City Hall (5775 Carpinteria Ave.). Please note the City has the discretion to limit the speaker’s time for any meeting or agenda matter. Typically, the practice has been three minutes per speaker on each item.
- Submit a written comment (as either a general public comment or on a specific agenda item) to be distributed to Planning Commissioners or City Councilmembers by 12:00 P.M. on the day of the meeting by either submitting your comment via (1) email to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us, or (2) the eComment link on the City’s agenda website (https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings). Please reference the agenda item to which your comment pertains. Note that written comments will not be read into the record during the meeting.
- City Council Meetings Only: There are additional ways to submit public comment. Please refer to the City Council Agenda for more information or contact the City Clerk.
- Please refer to the meeting agenda for detailed instructions on how to submit public comment.