Upcoming Public Meeting
Monday, October 25, 2021 at 5:30 PM – City Council Meeting
The City of Carpinteria will provide a status report to the City Council, including Planning Commission recommendations, on the City’s Proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit Program. The City Council may then provide direction to their staff regarding program components, as they determine appropriate.
The full agenda and associated staff reports will be available on October 21, 2021 on the City’s Agenda and Meeting webpage.
For more information, contact Rita Bright, Principal Planner at (805) 755-4441.
Planning Commission Meeting – October 4th, 2021: The City provided a status report to the Planning Commission on the City’s Proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Program. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed on the City’s Agenda and Meeting webpage, under the “Archived Videos” section. The Commission’s recommendations will be presented to the City Council at their October 25, 2021 meeting.
Meeting Attendance and Viewing Options:
- Attend the in-person meeting in City Council Chambers at City Hall (5775 Carpinteria Ave.) Please note that, per Health Officer Order 2021-10.3, the County of Santa Barbara requires all individuals to wear face coverings while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- View the meeting live through the City’s website (https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings) on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- View the meeting on Government Access Television Channel 21 (broadcast live and rebroadcast on the Wednesday and the Saturday following the meeting at 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., respectively).
- City Council Meetings Only: Join the City’s Zoom webinar from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by CLICKING HERE. Alternatively, you can join the Zoom webinar by logging on to zoom.us, downloading the application, selecting “Join Meeting”, and entering Webinar ID 889 0390 2262. Or call 669-900-9128 (and enter Webinar ID 889 0390 2262) to listen to the meeting on your phone.
- Please refer to the meeting agenda for detailed instructions on how to participate.
How to Submit Public Comment:
- Provide a live public comment during the in-person meeting in City Council Chambers at City Hall (5775 Carpinteria Ave.). Please note the City has the discretion to limit the speaker’s time for any meeting or agenda matter. Typically, the practice has been three minutes per speaker on each item. Regardless of vaccination status, individuals providing in-person public comment are required to wear face coverings while inside the City Council Chambers, including while providing public comment. If you fall under the exemption criteria for wearing a face covering indoors per Heath Officer Order 2021-10.3, the City strongly recommends you provide public comment through one of the alternative means provided below.
- Submit a written comment (as either a general public comment or on a specific agenda item) to be distributed to Planning Commissioners or City Councilmembers by 12:00 P.M. on the day of the meeting by either submitting your comment via (1) email to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us, or (2) the eComment link on the City’s agenda website (https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings). Please reference the agenda item to which your comment pertains. Note that written comments will not be read into the record during the meeting.
- City Council Meetings Only: There are additional ways to submit public comment. Please refer to the City Council Agenda for more information or contact the City Clerk.
- Please refer to the meeting agenda for detailed instructions on how to submit public comment.