Welcome to the Carpinteria Skate Park
The Carpinteria Skate Park is a new skating facility on the City Hall campus. It includes approximately 19,500 square feet of skating area, 23 parking spaces, 7,690-square feet of plaza/picnic area, 10,970 square feet of landscaping, and restroom.
Skate Park Hours
OPEN SUNRISE to SUNSET
30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset
*Except during City programs or inclement weather
Skate Park Contact
The Skate Park is managed through the City of Carpinteria Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department.
For more information, please contact:
Sign up to receive e-notifications about skate park news and events.
"*" indicates required fields
Please keep the skate park and parking lot clean and drug free!
Report any acts of vandalism or illegal activity to the Sheriff’s Department (805) 683-2724
Skate Park Rules
- This is an unsupervised park. Use of this skate park is AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Users must wear helmets, elbow pads and knee pads AT ALL TIMES
- Only non-motorized skateboards, scooters, and skates
- No bicycles or motor vehicles of any kind
- No smoking or vaping
- No alcohol
- No controlled substances, cannabis or other mind-altering drugs allowed
- No animals. Only service animals are allowed in the skate park
- No graffiti, stickers or littering
- Skate Parks hours are as posted- No exceptions unless authorized by the PR&CS Director
- No amplified music except by written permit
- No food or beverages in the skating area – only on the perimeter paths and plaza area
- Only plastic or metal water bottles. No glass bottles.
- No skating in parking areas, plaza area, walkways, tables or benches or driveways of the skate park
- No unauthorized equipment or obstacles including, ramps or jumps within the skate park
Skate Park Regulations
- The skate park hours are posted as 30 minutes before Sunrise and 30 minutes after Sunset, except during City programs or inclement weather. Anyone caught in the skate park while closed will be prosecuted for trespassing. Trespassing is a class one misdemeanor punishable by 12 months in jail and/or a fine pursuant to CA Penal Code section 602.
- All skate park users are required to wear helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads. Any person failing to wear the required equipment will be in violation of Chapter 12.64.101 and subject to citation as an infraction under Chapter 1.08 of the Carpinteria Municipal Code.
- Only non-motorized skateboards and skates are allowed in the skate park. Prohibited devices include, but are not limited to, bicycles, scooters, and any motorized device whether electric or gas powered. Any person failing to wear the required equipment will be in violation of Chapter 12.64.101 and subject to citation as an infraction under Chapter 1.08 of the Carpinteria Municipal Code.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department is authorized to enter upon any City, public or private property so posted to enforce the provisions of this section.
City Council Staff Reports
- Agreement between the Carpinteria Skate Foundation and the City of Carpinteria for Carpinteria skate park youth services
- Authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order for a restroom building for installation at the future Carpinteria Skate Park located at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Avenue.
- Status Report of the Carpinteria Skate Park Project.
- Receive Status Report, Award a Construction Contract, and Authorize a Budget Increase for the Carpinteria Skate Park Project.
Architectural Review Board