The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, April 25 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3vFVNGr. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Proclamation honoring Sergeant Freddy Padilla on his retirement from the Sheriff’s Office.
- Approval and Authorization to execute a Mitigation Cooperative Agreement between the City of Carpinteria and the California Department of Transportation concerning the Former Whitney Property.
- Reports on various City districts for 2022-23: Street Lighting District; Lighting, Landscaping and Right-of-Way Improvement District; Parking and Business Improvement Area Assessment District; and Winter Protection Berm Assessment District.
- Formation of an Ad Hoc Senior Services Planning Committee and appointment of up to two City Council members to the committee.
- Annual Report on efforts to assist people experiencing homelessness in Carpinteria and address issues related to homelessness in the community.
- A budget appropriation for certain deferred maintenance costs at the Carpinteria Community Library and acceptance of a donation from the Friends of the Carpinteria Library for renovation work on the Carpinteria Community Library.
- Approval and adoption of an extension to the Temporary COVID-19 Outdoor Business Permit Program to Dec. 31, 2022.
- City of Carpinteria 2021 Total Compensation Study Report, including consultant salary range recommendations.