The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Nov. 13 at 5:30 p.m. Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave., or view the meeting live at https://carpinteriaca.gov/, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/40yFAlO (or in Instagram, through the link in our bio). Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Presentation in honor of members of the Boys & Girls Club who have achieved Gold Card status.
- New City employee introduction: Shay Darrington, Engineering Technician.
- Monthly meeting of the Carpinteria Library Board of Trustees
- Consider canceling the regular City Council meeting of December 25, 2023.
- Authorize the City to apply for California Department of Resources, Recycling and Recovery grant programs.
- Approve and authorize a letter to the County of Santa Barbara advocating for the use of carbon filtration technology to address cannabis odors impacting the residential, educational and recreational areas of the City.
- Amendment to various sections in Carpinteria Municipal Code Chapter 2.08 (“City Manager”) to align with law and practice by removing the residency requirement and appeal rights for the City Manager.
- First Amendment to the Cooperative Agreement with the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments for Carpinteria Circulation Improvements Funds.
- Authorization for the City Manager to execute agreements with: 1.) Bureau Veritas North America, Inc.; and 2.) True North Compliance Services, to provide consulting building plan check and inspection staff augmentation services for the City’s Building and Safety Division of the Community Development Department.
- Options for City of Carpinteria Legislative Advocacy.