The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Aug. 28 at 5:30 p.m. Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave., or view the meeting live at https://carpinteriaca.gov/, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3OVwwSv. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Granting of an Easement to Southern California Edison for electric vehicle infrastructure in City Parking Lot No. 1 along the Elm Avenue frontage.
- An agreement with Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District to allow work to proceed on the Franklin Creek Trail Improvement Project for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- An agreement with Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District to move forward with the Carpinteria High School Area Crosswalk Safety Improvement Project.
- Participation in the Sustainable Community Network Program for residential solar and battery storage.
- Sending a comment letter to the County of Santa Barbara regarding its Draft 2023 – 2031 Housing Element Update
- Annual Review of Fire Protection Mitigation Fee Program.
- Initiation of amendments to the City’s Accessory Dwelling Unit and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit Regulations in response to recent state Accessory Dwelling Unit legislation.
- Agreement between the Carpinteria Skate Foundation and the City of Carpinteria for Carpinteria skate park youth services.
- Annual Report on Law Enforcement Services.
- 2023 Work Plan Status Report.
- Together We Thrive: A Community Resource and Engagement Fair Debrief and Survey Report.
- Annual Report on implementation of the City’s Sustainable Community Policy.
- Rental of street sweeping equipment.
- Amendment to the City Manager Employment Agreement adjusting the annual base wage.