The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, May 8 at 5:30 p.m. Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3LZpFqV. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Recognizing and commending Charles Lo Bue for his long history of support for the arts in the Carpinteria community and Family Baptist Church on its 70th anniversary.
- Proclaiming May as Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month in the City of Carpinteria and as Community Action Month on Communify’s 56th Anniversary.
- Annual member agency update presentation from Central Coast Community Energy.
- Selection of an Executive Search firm for the City Manager position and formation of an ad hoc committee of the City Council to work with the consultant.
- 2023 Annual Report on efforts to assist people experiencing homelessness in Carpinteria and address issues related to homelessness in the community.
- Approval of a budget appropriation for the City’s portion of emergency repair costs of the Highway 101 Fire Incident Emergency Repair.
- A report describing measures taken to alleviate need for Moratorium on Formula Businesses and adopt the extension of a temporary moratorium on the establishment of formula businesses within the City of Carpinteria, with the exception of Casitas Plaza and Shepard Place Shops, for one additional year.
- Initiating proposed amendments to the City’s Local Coastal Program and Carpinteria Municipal Code to address State law consistency and implement the 2023-2031 Housing Element.
- Amendments to the Carpinteria Municipal Code to add or modify anti-displacement regulations protective of tenants
- Initiation of an amended lease between the City of Carpinteria and Friends of the Carpinteria Community Library for its use and occupancy of the Seaside Building, 5103 Carpinteria Avenue.
- Authorization for the City Manager to execute an Agreement with Encompass Consultant Group, Inc. to provide consulting design services for the 2023 Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Project, which includes the whole or segments of Aragon Drive, Arbol Verde Street, Calle Rey Mar, Carnation Place, Concha Loma Drive, Eleanor Drive, Holly Avenue, La Quinta Drive, Malibu Drive, Sawyer Avenue, Vallecito Court, Vallecito Place, Vallecito Road, and Verano Drive.