The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, May 22 at 5:30 p.m. Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at https://carpinteriaca.gov/, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/42WVN4u. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Resolutions recognizing the 10th Anniversary of the Franklin Trail and the 95th Anniversary of the Alcazar Theatre
- Proclamation designating May 21-27, 2023, as National Public Works Week in the City of Carpinteria
- Appoint a member to the Architectural Review Board
- Approve the Revised Measure A Five-Year Local Program of Projects for Fiscal Years 2023-24 through 2027-28.
- Continuation of several assessment districts including the Carpinteria Street Lighting District No. 1, Carpinteria Lighting, Landscaping and Right-Of-Way Improvement District No. 3, Parking and Business Improvement Area Assessment District No. 4, and the Winter Protection Berm Assessment District No. 5.
- Agreement with CivicWell to provide staff augmentation services through the CivicSpark Program
- 2022 Annual Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Report.
- Initiation of the following legislation position letters: Oppose Senate Bill 423 (Wiener), Land Use: streamlined housing approvals: multifamily housing developments, support for permanent budget allocation for housing production and state mandated programs payback, and request state response to the Fentanyl public health crisis.