The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, March 27 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3nntah6. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Proclamations: 1) designating April 2023 as Carpinteria Business Month, 2) designating April 2023 as DMV/Donate Life Month, and 3) designating the week of April 15-22 as “International Dark Sky Week.”
- Authorize a construction contract for the interim trail from Linden Avenue to Holly Avenue (399 Linden Ave).
- Authorize a $46,800 agreement to demolish an outbuilding located at 6155 Carpinteria Ave. (behind the S&S Seeds Building). The demolition is a necessary step toward adding a link in the Coastal Vista Trail in this area.
- Legislation position letter opposing Initiative 21-0042A1, a proposed state constitutional amendment to limit the ability of voters and state and local governments to raise revenues for government services.
- Receive the recommendation of the City Manager Succession Process Committee to seek consultant proposals for executive search services for the City Manager position and for the Committee to vet proposals received and recommend a firm for Council consideration.