The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, March 14 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3JazbDD. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Special City Council Commendation to retiring Tree Advisory Board Chair Julie Broughton.
- Congratulations to City Attorney Peter Brown on his retirement and commending and thanking him for 36 years of loyal and dedicated service to the City of Carpinteria. (Following the presentation the Council will recess to the patio for cake.)
- Receive a status report, award a construction contract, and authorize a budget increase for the Carpinteria Skate Park Project.
- Possible reconsideration and/or amendment to the motion and vote made at the Feb. 28 City Council Meeting regarding the selection of the proposed final map for City Council districts (at the request of Councilmembers Alarcon and Clark).
- Interim and long-term options for the establishment of City-operated, or sponsored, senior programs, including the provision of a City facility, or facilities, for programming.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Committee recommendations concerning the 2022-2023 Public Services Grant Applications and allocation of program funds.
- The City’s 2021 Housing Element Annual Progress Report to the State Department of Housing and Community Development on the status of implementation of its goals, policies and objectives.
- Highway 101 Fire Incident Emergency Repair update, approval of a budget allocation for the City’s potential portion of costs, and authorization for the City Manager to arrange for reimbursement to Caltrans as determined necessary.