The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Jan. 23 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3D44OxT. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Proclamation designating the month of February 2023 as “Black History Month.”
- Presentation of City tile commending and thanking Planning Commissioner John Callender for 15 years of service on the Planning Commission.
- City Manager report on the following: January Storm Cleanup Update, Carpinteria Skate Park Drone Video, Introduction of New City Employees and Planning Commission Actions.
- Extension of the emergency proclamation in response to the January 2023 storms and related emergency response.
- Continuance of the off-leash dog park program at El Carro Park.
- Review, update and selection of City Council Representatives to regional agencies and committees and representatives to area boards and committees.
- Selection of interview questions for City boards, committees and commissions.
- Adoption of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the period of July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2027 between the City of Carpinteria and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 620.