The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Aug. 9 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. In accordance with the Santa Barbara County Health Officer Order, masks are required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Members of the public may also view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar through the link in the agenda below.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/37ohtLw. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Request from Coalition Against Gun Violence for financial support for its gun buyback event in Santa Barbara County.
- The issuance of tax-exempt bonds by Independent Cities Finance Authority to refinance and finance acquisition, operation and maintenance of the Vista de Santa Barbara Mobile Home Park located at 6180 Via Real.
- Formation of a Harbor Seal Advisory Committee
- Consultant Services Agreement between the City of Carpinteria and John Douglas, AICP, owner of JHD Planning LLC, to prepare the City’s 2023-2031 Housing Element for an amount not-to-exceed $64,680.
- Consideration of a status report on the City’s 2021 Work Plan.