EVACUATION WARNINGS have been issued for the following areas in Santa Barbara County:
- Properties along waterways associated with the Thomas, Cave and Alisal burn areas.
- Properties in the vicinity of Sycamore Creek, from Stanwood Drive down to parts of Ninos Drive, in the city of Santa Barbara.
This EVACUATION WARNING is due to an incoming storm arriving Saturday, Feb. 3 through Tuesday, Feb. 5 with the potential to produce flash flooding, debris flows and landslides.
Carpinterians are encouraged to use our self-serve sandbag station at City Hall to help protect their homes and properties. The fully stocked station is located in our Public Works yard at the back of the City Hall property, 5775 Carpinteria Ave.
Storm related City closures:
- Carpinteria Creek bike path (through next week)
- Carpinteria Skate Park (through Tuesday)
- Senior programing (Monday)
- Carpinteria Community Pool (Monday)
Schools in Carpinteria Unified School District will also be closed on Monday, Feb. 5.
At this time, City Hall is expected to remain open on Monday, Feb. 5.
Carpinterians are strongly encouraged to stay informed by signing up for Ready SBC alerts at https://www.readysbc.org/. The City of Carpinteria provides regular local updates through Facebook, Instagram and the “Latest News” section of the City website at https://carpinteriaca.gov/