The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Sept. 13 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. In accordance with the Santa Barbara County Health Officer Order, masks are required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Members of the public may also view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar through the link in the agenda below.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3hoq7iN. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Proclamations & Presentations: Retirement recognition for Kevin Silk, Assistant to the City Manager, a proclamation declaring Sept. 15 – Oct. 15 as Hispanic Heritage Month and a proclamation declaring September as Suicide Prevention Month.
- Status Report of Treatment of Various Street Trees Along Eleanor Drive, La Paloma Drive, Malibu Drive, Sterling Avenue, Sterling Way, and Tomol Drive.
- Purchase of three trucks for the Public Works Department and one truck for the Parks, Recreation and Public Facilities Department.
- Approval of the application for Rural Recreation and Tourism Program (RRT) Grand funds to the California Department of Parks and Recreation Office of Grants and Local Services (OGALS).
- A status report on the City’s Short-Term Rental (STR) program.