The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Oct. 10 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave. or view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3fSRF1T. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Certificate of Commendation to Ian Thomas and Matthew Lamberti who earned their Eagle Scout badge for leading important projects that benefit the Carpinteria community.
- Authorization for the City Manager to execute an Agreement with RRM Design Group to provide consulting design services for the Franklin Creek Trail Improvement Project, which will improve the trail along Franklin Creek between Carpinteria Avenue and Seventh Street.
- Award of a construction contract for the Former Venoco Oil Pipeline #0470 Abandonment Project.
- Approval of recommendations made by the Traffic Safety Committee.
- Approval of financial support for the Carpinteria Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group.
- Informational Report on Parking Lot No. 1 issues and recommendations raised by business owners/operators.
- Consideration of initiating the ordinance process concerning building electrification regulations.