The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m. In accordance with State guidance, the City will provide both in-person and virtual attendance and participation options for the meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave., but the City encourages the public to participate via Zoom (details in agenda link below) to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Those who attend in person will be required to wear a mask. Members of the public may also view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/3nQ5CP1. Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.
- Authorization for a notice of dispute to be submitted to the County of Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office disputing the Sheriff’s Office’s recomputation of compensation for fiscal year 2022-23.
- Authorization of an amendment to the agreement with COM3 Consulting, Inc. for consulting project management services for the Carpinteria Avenue Bridge Replacement Project.
- Approval of applications for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) to the California Department of Parks and Recreation Office of Grants and Local Services.
- City Council District Maps review, including presentation on three draft plans created by Redistricting Partners for Council review and feedback.
- Appointments to the Harbor Seal Advisory Committee.
- General Fiscal Outlook and General Fund Reserve Policy report related to the City’s update of its Long-Term Financial Plan.