The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Sept. 11 at 5:30 p.m. Members of the public may attend the meeting at City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave., or view the meeting live at https://carpinteriaca.gov/, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar.
The following topics are highlights of the agenda. Additional details and numerous ways for the public to provide comments can be found at https://bit.ly/462vAT9 .
- Proclamation declaring Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, 2023 as Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Proclamation Proclaiming September 2023 as “Suicide Prevention” Month.
- Proclamation Designating the Week of Sept. 11-17, 2023 as Celebrate Community Week.
- Carpinteria Valley Museum of History presentation by Executive Director/Curator Jayme Yahr.
- Request to waive accrued interest on the property lien at 4745 Carpinteria Avenue related to an unpaid assessment from 1981.
- Amendment to the lease with Chevron U.S.A., Inc. for Submerged Pipelines Serving Platforms Gail and Grace in City Submerged Lands.
- Special Event Permit Application for the 2023 California Avocado Festival.
- Amendment of the Carpinteria Municipal Code to add regulations pertaining to scooter use at the Carpinteria Skate Park, 5781 Carpinteria Avenue.
- An urgency ordinance adding Chapter 7.04 (“Just Cause for Termination of Residential Tenancy”) to a new Title 7 (“Housing Regulations”) of the Carpinteria Municipal Code.